What better way to celebrate Bourbon Heritage month than consuming some bourbon? Not a bourbon drinker? Yeah--me neither. I'd rather eat it! So I celebrated by making this spoon-licking good sauce for grilled steak and pork chops (I seriously licked the spoon--twice)!
This couldn't be easier if your significant other handles the grilling (The Hubby is the greatest!). If not, you can always sear the meat in the pan first, and then make the sauce!
Bourbon Mushroom Sauce
Makes 4 servings
2 tablespoons butter
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
1 onion (local), sliced
2 tablespoons KY bourbon
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat with the butter.
- Add in the mushrooms and the onions and sear (cook until golden brown on one side).
- Pour in the bourbon, chicken broth, and mustard.
- Turn heat to low and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, pour over the steak.
Bottom's up! Or fork's up is more appropriate!
Jennifer is the chef behind the website, a girl eats world. Head over for more Kentucky Proud recipes!