Every Thursday, HerKentucky presents a Quilt of the Week. Over the years, my grandmother has made some absolutely stunning quilts for me; I love to photograph them and share their stories with y'all. This week's Quilt is a pink and green hearts and polka dots pattern. Several years ago, I was walking through the grocery store and saw a cute hearts pattern on a magazine cover.
Of course, my tastes run more toward jewel tones, Lilly Pulitzer-ish prints, and deeper pinks and greens than the magazine's example. My granny was able to work with colors she knows that I love, and the result couldn't be more stunning.
I absolutely love the sense of motion that the subtle paisleys and swirls add to the hearts.
Check out more Quilt of the Week posts here:
- Navy + Blue Bear Paw Quilt
- Orange + Green Halloween Quilt
- Pink + White Dresden Plate
- Blue + White Kentucky Wildcats
- Pink + White Double Wedding Ring
- Yellow + Green Grandmother's Flower Garden
- Pink + Green Plaid Butterfly
- Red + White Ohio Star
- Pink + White Kentucky Wildcats Patchwork
- Pink + Green Lilly Pulitzer Patchwork Quilt