It's fall, y'all. There are so many fabulous things to do. But, let's be honest. Corn mazes and apple orchards aren't enough to get me off the couch. I mean, there's A LOT of college football to watch, and picking out a pumpkin just is never going to be as interesting as SEC games. You've seen plenty of fall lists with (sort of) interesting seasonal activities that (kind of maybe) make you want to turn off the game and enjoy the season. Here's HerKentucky's list of Fall activities you'll actually want to do.
- Sunrise Trackside at Keeneland. I've always wanted to do the trackside Saturday breakfast and jockey Q&A. What a unique, intimate way to experience the track!
- Sample the Cask Strength Maker's 46 at Maker's Mark. Maker's 46 is such a delicious bourbon; it's got these spicy caramel notes that taste like the best creme brûlée you've ever eaten. Sample the Cask Strength variant at Maker's this fall!
- The Breeders' Cup + UK football weekend. Possibly your last chance to see American Pharaoh run. Your best chance to see Kentucky defeat Tennessee. An epic Lexington weekend.
- YWC Fashion Show. Drink champagne and see the latest fall fashions while raising money for Louisville charities.
- Sundy Best Live at Mercury Ballroom. Eastern Kentucky's favorite roots duo will be cutting a live album at Louisville's Mercury Ballroom on Halloween weekend!
- Haunted Bardstown. The Shadows of Federal Hill tour on October 23rd and 24th tells the story of Judge Chambers, uncle of My Old Kentucky Home composer Steven Foster, in the hours following his fatal dueling wound. “Tragedy, sickness and mystery can be found lurking in the history of My Old Kentucky Home,” said Johnny Warren, managing artistic director of “The Stephen Foster Story.” “This ghost tour provides a peek into the darker side of the historic mansion. So many people enjoy the spirit of the Halloween season and we believe Federal Hill is a fantastic place to get spooked while celebrating the history of a Kentucky treasure.”
What are your must-see fall activities?