Louisvillians are an amazingly creative group of people. It doesn't matter how many times you visit the Derby City, or even how long you've lived here -- there's always something exciting to see, here, or do. Today, I thought I'd share five of my very favorite murals and building signs from around town.
1. Gettin' Lucky in Kentucky; Downtown (near 2nd and Market). Sponsored by Spinelli's Pizza.
2. Nord's Bakery, Germantown. I stopped by Nord's last week to do a little market research on our donut post. The only thing better than a bacon-maple donut is a dancing bacon-maple donut.
3. Hunter S. Thompson, The Monkey Wrench. I love the detail on this tribute to gonzo genius Dr. Thompson.
4. Weird, Independent & Proud, The Wine Market, The Highlands. Love the design; love the sentiment even more.
5. Baker Boy Donuts, Mellow Mushroom, St Matthews. I was so disappointed when I moved to this neighborhood and learned that this wasn't a retro bakery. I'm not the only one who was confused. In fact, it seems that the Baker Boy is a bit of a mystery to the St Matthews neighborhood, but when Mellow Mushroom found the sign in the midst of renovations, they decided to keep it. I'm glad they did.
Any other great murals we need to spot in town?