I usually don't make resolutions come January, but since these are things I actually WANT to do, and not something like eat healthier or exercise, I'll give it a go:
1. Attend a UK basketball game at Rupp Arena. I haven't been since I last lived in Kentucky, in 2001. There is nothing like it for a UK fan.
2. Spend a weekend at Kentucky Lake. We went camping there a lot as a kid (my grandparents had one of those pop up campers, with a bed on each end...remember those?), but as an adult I have only been to the Lake to eat at Patti's on the Pier. Mmmm, pie. I digress. Anyway, my college roommate and her husband just bought a house at Kentucky Lake, so I have no excuse now.
3. Go on a Trolley Hop. On the first Friday of each month, the Louisville trolley system tours all the galleries in the downtown art district. On the last Friday of each month, there is a F.A.T. Hop, which is the Frankfort Avenue Trolley Hop. You can get off and on the trolley as you please. I love the Crescent Hill shops and restaurants, so I'll probably pick that one.
4. Ride the Rails. I want to take the kids on the Bluegrass Scenic Railroad, which operates out of Woodford County Park in Versailles, Kentucky. It has special rides for Halloween and Christmas, but I'd really just like to take in the beautiful horse country.
5. Read All the King's Men. Robert Penn Warren grew up in Guthrie, Kentucky, less than an hour from my hometown, and I'm ashamed to admit that I've never read this Pulitzer Prize winning novel.