In honor of Valentine's Day, I thought I would honor some of the most romantic spots in the state.
1. Paducah! Last year, Paducah's downtown was named one of the five Most Romantic Main Streets by the National Trust for Historic Preservation. You can stroll down cobblestone streets, have a romantic dinner, or take a horse drawn carriage with your significant other all the with the beautiful moonlit Ohio River a few blocks away.
2. The Moonbow Nothing could be more romantic than rainbow created by the reflection of the moon and there are only a few places in the world you can see one. One is at Cumberland Falls in Corbin, Kentucky.
3. Stay at Castle Post It's a CASTLE. Enough said.
4. Spend the night in one of Wildwood Inns themed suites. Wildwood Inn Tropical Dome and Themed Suites has it all. You can sleep in a treehouse, a cave, a pirate ship. However, as far as romance, nothing compares to the Champagne Suite with a two-story champagne glass-shaped spa!
5. Mammoth Cave Recently named by HotelClub as the number 2 most romantic destination, I can see how being in the dark, breathtaking cave could make you feel love appreciation for your nearest and dearest.
Did I miss any? What do y'all think are the most romantic spots around the Bluegrass State?
~ Sarah Stewart Holland