Last week, we asked y'all to list some favorite Kentucky things. My sorority sister Becca -- an ordained Disciples of Christ minister and Trimble County native -- provided a thoughtful list that I thought I'd share. Thanks for the beautiful list, Becca!! -- HCW
|Cane Ridge Meeting House|
2. The Cane Ridge Meeting house, near Paris Kentucky-- this is the birthplace of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), my denomination.
3. Mary Ann Saunders Chapel at Lexington Theological Seminary
4. Central Christian Church (seriously has the most beautiful sanctuary)
5. That moment right before the Run for the Roses when everyone sings My Old Kentucky Home. I cry every time.
7. Bray's Orchards in Bedford Kentucky-- they have THE BEST PEACHES.
8. US 42. This is the oldest highway in the area and was originaly the primary route between Louisville and Cincinnati-- there are so many neat little towns along the way. Bedford, Carollton, and Ghent being my favorites.
9. The Ohio River-- there is NOTHING as beautiful as driving across the rickety old bridge from Madison Indiana to Milton Kentucky and crossing over the river-- It's the last step on my trips back home to Kentucky from Chicago and it's my sign that I'm home.
10. Sweet Tea