I love the holiday season for so many reasons. The love, joy and time spent with friends and family, but what I really revel in, is the sparkle.The holiday season is the perfect opportunity for you to let your inner sparkle shine in home decor and fabulous frocks. No one will even bat an eye when you have decided to don sequins head to toe or put tinsel on every inch of your tree...you are just getting into the holiday spirit!
I know that the holidays can be a little taxing on our beautiful pocket books, so I have come up with ways to add sparkle without breaking your bank or your holiday spirit!
Work with what you have in your closet.
- Every southern girl has a string of pearls and several strands of faux pearls for that matter! I would layer them and tie a red ribbon around them and Viola! You are ready for the holidays!
- You could also revive an old choker, like 413 Sparrow Lane did. Adorable!
- Add shoe clips to jazz up your favorite black pumps. I love these shoe clips from The Dessy Group.
- Dust off your red cardigan or favorite hat and adorn it with broaches for a little extra sparkle. Thanks for the idea Ann Taylor Loft!
- Accessories are the easiest way to update a little black dress. I love the statement necklace above from Zara. It is regal and was worn by a certain royal recently. It will take you from the holidays into spring!
- Add a sequined cardigan to your favorite fancy frock. They are everywhere this season!
- Add a pair of sparkly shoes. I love the pair below from Joe Jacey.
Don a Sparkly Skirt
- Nothing says happy holidays like a little extra sparkle. This skirt can take you from the holidays to NYE with just the change of shirt. It is half off today too! Just use the code HOLIDAY when you check out at Ann Taylor Loft.
I can't wait to start planning my holiday outfits! What will you all be wearing this year?
Photos courtesy of Ann Taylor Loft, Zara and DSW.