Remember when you first got a smart phone or tablet, and you added as many apps as you could find, only to learn that several were just useless? These days, there are so many apps that are truly worth your time, and I'm thrilled to have found several that enhance day-to-day life here in Louisville. (And did I mention that these are all free?)
- Louisville Mobile: Pay your parking tickets or water bill, get the latest news from the city government, find a park, or check your favorite restaurant's latest inspection grade
- Louisville Love: Adds handcrafted type and iconography to photos taken in and around Louisville.
Photo taken at Louisville Stoneware's new showroom; typeface by Louisville Love app
- American Express America's Cuisine -- Louisville: Ratings, descriptions, and more for your favorite restaurants. (You may want to double-check for accuracy, though. This one keeps breaking my heart by claiming that Lynn's Paradise Cafe is still around!
- The Urban Bourbon Trail Passport: Want to explore Louisville's distilleries? This app gives you all the info you need! Find local distilleries, learn about local spirits, and even find some fun new cocktail recipes!
- Louisville Public Media: Live-streams WFPL, WUOL and WFPK!(The WFPK app is also available; it live-streams that station and provides a calendar of events)
- Louisville Family Fun: The best local events for families. Android app available now; iPhone coming soon.
What apps do you use to navigate your city?