Now that I've increased the flexibility and range of motion that was previously impaired due to a back injury, my new goal is to sustain these benefits while adding in additional toning and weight loss. Of course, the most efficient way to achieve those benefits is through cardio interval training.
B.You's cardio interval classes are known as Tabata, Based on the findings of Japanese exercise scientist Izumi Tabata, these classes use 20 seconds of exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest in a cycle of eight. Participants engage in a series of intensive 20-second interval low-impact Tabata-specific/plyometric exercises that send the body right into the fat burning zone.
Let me tell you, it's extremely challenging. I honestly think that the last time I got my heart rate that high was in cheerleading camp. In the 1990s. The intervals are placed at the beginning of class, and then you "cool down" with a 45 minute barre class. I'm a mess when I'm finished, but I also feel like I've achieved an amazing workout. I hope to see y'all at a Tabata class soon!
In Case You Missed It:
- B.You July Challenge
- So, What Do You Do in a Silques Class?
- Derby Detox with B.You's B.Silques Yoga
- Hitting Barre Class Milestones at B.You!
- How Barre Class Changed My Life
- Be You at B.You!
- Yes You Can: Barre Fitness at B.You!
- So, What Do You Wear to a Barre Class?
- So, What Do You Do in a Barre Class?
- B.Fit with HerKentucky + B.You!