Here in Kentucky, we talk about our homeland a lot. Here are a few things that we never let non-Kentuckians forget.
1. Real Bourbon is Made in Kentucky. Yes, we know that there's no official legislation that decrees this fact; however, THERE SHOULD BE. We just didn't have the foresight that the folks in Burgundy or Champagne had. But, bourbon is from Kentucky, and it's made with the limestone-rich water of Central Kentucky. And never try to hand us Jack Daniel's.
2. Tom Cruise Went to High School Here. So did George Clooney. We're probably going to tell you that pretty often. Just nod your head and act fascinated. You never know when you'll be on Jeopardy, and then you'll answer St. Xavier or Augusta High School really, really quickly.
3. College Basketball is the Only Sport Worth Following. It's the one thing that UK and U of L fans can agree upon.
4. Your Steeplechase or Horse Race Will Never Live Up to the Derby. Or Oaks. Or any race at Keeneland. Just take our word for it.
5. We love Kentucky. A lot. We never get tired of talking about the Commonwealth, and we'd better not hear you calling it a state. We have tons of favorite stores for Kentucky-themed gear, like this one, this one, this one... oh, and this one.