Derby Season is in full effect, y'all. Here in Louisville, we're trying to squeeze in as much fun as we can into a few weeks. It's our city's very own holiday, and there's a lot to enjoy! If Derby Season is in full effect for you, you'll certainly recognize these signs.
- You started scheduling meetings for A.D. (After Derby) in February.
- Benedictine and country ham are considered major food groups.
- You're now making twice-weekly dry cleaner runs.
- Your weekend plans involve avoiding Thunder at all costs.
- You're afraid your mint plants aren't growing quickly enough. You'll need A LOT, you know.
- You JUST KNOW that this is the year you can get your husband to wear bow ties to everything.
- Your smartphone's calendar includes way more evening events than work events.
- You go by The Peppermint Palm, Circe, and Rodes every few days.
- You need a break from bourbon... and from sweet tea.
- You've already attended multiple events centered around making or purchasing a hat, and your guest bedroom is starting to resemble a milliner's back room.
Happy Derby Season, y'all!!