So, here's the thing: Louisville is AMAZING in April and May. The trees are in bloom, and Derby's just around the corner, and there are countless excuses to have a party or just to get outside and enjoy the weather. Here are 10 things you absolutely must do in Louisville this Spring.
- Take a walk on the Big Four Bridge.
- Attend a Derby Hat Event. I recommend the YWC's Charity Derby Hat Sale.
- Drive River Road all the way from Downtown to Oldham County. Preferably at sunset. Bonus points if you can locate Sue Grafton's house.
- Go for a walk in Cherokee Park.
- Take a cruise on the Belle of Louisville.
- Take in the Balloon Glow.
- Skip Thunder altogether. The crowds and all those people? For fireworks? No thank you.
- Go to the Flea off Market. Or the Cherokee Triangle Art Fair. Or any other opportunity to shop outside.
- Attend the Fillies Ball.
- Visit a Chow Wagon.
Happy Spring, y'all!