Summertime means grilling, fresh flavors, and easy recipes!
This morning, I was on WTVQ's Good Day Kentucky morning show making a quick, fun recipe that's easy enough for the kids to help make! This cheesesteak pizza, from our friends at Red Gold and Laura's Lean Beef, is light and easy!
GRILLED CHEESESTEAK PIZZA
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES COOKING TIME: 5 MINUTES
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, sliced (use from a jar)
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can RED GOLD® DICED TOMATOES, drained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 5 ounces Laura’s Lean Beef Sirloin Steak, cooked and thinly sliced
- 1 10 to 11 ounce container pizza dough, your favorite recipe or store bought
- 2 tablespoons RED GOLD® TOMATO PASTE
- 2 ounce shredded provolone cheese
- 2 ounce shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
· Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook red bell pepper, onions and tomatoes together until onions are soft. Sprinkle with oregano and set aside.
· Grill or cook steak to a medium temperature. When finished cooking, slice the steak into thin pieces.
· Divide pizza dough in half and roll each half out into a circle, getting it as thin as possible. Heat grill to high. Make sure grill rack is clean and gently lay each crust onto the grill rack. Cook about 1 to 2 minutes per side depending on grill temperature. Use tongs to flip and cook each side of each crust. If bubbles appear, just prick the dough bubble and keep cooking.
· Spread 1 tablespoon of paste on each crust. Divide and top each pizza with the tomato mixture, beef and cheese. Carefully return pizza to grill, lower heat and close grill lid. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes until cheese is melted. Keep close watch on pizzas, moving them away from the hotspot on your grill if crust is getting to toasty. If you like a little bit of char on the bottom of the pizza – this is what gives it some authentic flavor.
· Sprinkle with the ¼ cup tomatoes that were set aside along with the fresh parsley. Serve Immediately.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS PER SERVING
Calories 390, Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 1010mg, Carbohydrate 38g, Fiber 4g, Protein 25g,
Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 30%, Iron 20%
If you love to grill, you should check out the Red Gold Facebook page -- Red Gold and Laura's Lean Beef are giving away a Big Green Egg grill!