Once again, HerKentucky has teamed up with Red Gold Tomatoes and Laura's Lean Beef to bring you a great grilling recipe. As seen on WAVE-3 this morning, here's the recipe for a fast and fun Cheesesteak pizza!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, sliced (use from a jar)
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can RED GOLD® DICED TOMATOES, drained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 5 ounces Laura’s Lean Beef Sirloin Steak, cooked and thinly sliced
- 1 10 to 11 ounce container pizza dough, your favorite recipe or store bought
- 2 tablespoons RED GOLD® TOMATO PASTE
- 2 ounce shredded provolone cheese
- 2 ounce shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook red bell pepper, onions and tomatoes together until onions are soft. Sprinkle with oregano and set aside.
Grill or cook steak to a medium temperature. When finished cooking, slice the steak into thin pieces.
Divide pizza dough in half and roll each half out into a circle, getting it as thin as possible. Heat grill to high. Make sure grill rack is clean and gently lay each crust onto the grill rack. Cook about 1 to 2 minutes per side depending on grill temperature. Use tongs to flip and cook each side of each crust. If bubbles appear, just prick the dough bubble and keep cooking.
Spread 1 tablespoon of paste on each crust. Divide and top each pizza with the tomato mixture, beef and cheese. Carefully return pizza to grill, lower heat and close grill lid. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes until cheese is melted. Keep close watch on pizzas, moving them away from the hotspot on your grill if crust is getting to toasty. If you like a little bit of char on the bottom of the pizza – this is what gives it some authentic flavor.
Sprinkle with the ¼ cup tomatoes that were set aside along with the fresh parsley. Serve Immediately.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS PER SERVING
Calories 390, Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 1010mg, Carbohydrate 38g, Fiber 4g, Protein 25g,
Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 30%, Iron 20%
(This post was sponsored by Red Gold Tomatoes)