This morning, I had the chance to share lovely recipe for Rustic Italian Chicken (made with Red Gold® Tomatoes!) on WHAS-11's Great Day Live!
I love this recipe, because it's a delicious and filling meal with an elegant presentation, but takes very minimal effort through the modern miracle of slow cooker cooking!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, around 12 thighs
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Red Gold® Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can Red Gold® Crushed Tomatoes, or 2 (15 ounce) cans Red Gold® Crushed Tomatoes
- 3 cups penne pasta, cooked and drained (I like whole wheat pasta!)
• Spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in slow cooker and top with remaining ingredients, except pasta and garnish.
• Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Serve chicken over pasta and garnish with cheese and parsley.