Sunday is Mother's Day, and I've teamed up with Graeter's to share some ways to make your mom's day a sweet one.
Graeter's is, of course, the handcrafted French Pot ice cream favored by Sarah Jessica Parker, George Clooney, and a whole lot of Kentuckians. When they sent over a couple of recipes for me to try -- and share with y'all on WKYT today -- I knew they'd be huge hits for Mother's Day dinner.
This is a treat so easy that the youngest kitchen helpers can assist! Start with a couple of small brownies (I used my tried-and-true recipe of boxed brownie mix with a splash of bourbon and a sprinkling of sea salt). Layer a brownie, a spoonful or two of chocolate pudding, then another brownie and another dab of pudding. The recipe calls for vanilla ice cream and chocolate pieces, but I opted for Graeter's Bourbon Ball, my favorite local flavor. Of course, top with some whipped cream!
• 2 pints ripe strawberries, hulled and chopped
• 2 tablespoons white sugar
• 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
• 5 prepared strawberry shortcake cups
• 1 pint of Graeter’s strawberry ice cream
Prep: 15 minutes
Ready in 45 minutes
1. Place the strawberries into a glass bowl and sprinkle with sugar. Stir condensed milk into strawberries and mash together with a fork until somewhat juicy. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Place each shortcake cup onto a dessert plate. Evenly divide the strawberries and their juice among the shortcake cups. Top with whipped cream to serve.