|Maple Bourbon Bacon Gravy Essentials|
|Bacon Gravy Reducing|
|Biscuits and Maple Bacon Bourbon Gravy|
Biscuits and Gravy is such a classically Southern dish. It was a staple at my house growing up and whenever I am around it now, I unabashedly ask for seconds. Recently, I have been enamored with all things bacon and thought that Bacon Gravy might just be divine!
When I set out to write this recipe, I knew that I wanted it to stand out among other bacon gravy recipes and I wanted it to be elegant enough to entertain. I started playing with different flavor profiles and found foodie bliss in Maple Bourbon Bacon Gravy. The bacon is salty and the maple and bourbon play off its smokiness. The half and half adds an elegant touch and leaves you with a gravy that is creamy and decadently delicious.
1 LB Maple Bacon
4 Tablespoons of your favorite bourbon
1 Tablespoon of Salted butter
1 Tablespoon of Flour
2 Pints of Fat Free Half and Half
- Start with your essentials; Bacon, Bourbon, Butter, Flour, Half and Half and a Maker’s and Diet in J Charles monogrammed glass.
- Cut 1lb of maple bacon into lardoons and cook until crisp.
- Remove bacon from Pan and drain bacon fat.
- Return pan to heat and deglaze with 2 tablespoons of bourbon. Once it has reduced slightly, return bacon to pan and add the last two tablespoons of bourbon. Cook until all bourbon is absorbed by bacon and remove from pan.
- In same pan, add 1 tablespoon of salted butter at a medium heat.
- Once butter has melted, add 1 tablespoon of flour and stir for 1-2 minutes until flour is cooked through.
- After flour is cooked, slowly add your pints of Fat Free half and half, while stirring.
- Simmer half and half over medium heat until it is reduced by half. About 10 – 15 minutes. If it over reduces, add a little milk and it should thin out.
- Add bacon, stir and serve over your grandma's homemade biscuits!
- This recipe yields four 1/2 cup servings.