Here in Kentucky, we love to celebrate things. Any old excuse will do, really. It seems that this weekend, we've got lots to celebrate. There are festivals all over the Commonwealth this weekend, celebrating everything from Corvettes to Corn. Here are five upcoming Kentucky-based Festivals that will make you look forward to this weekend.
- Forecastle. The rock star of Kentucky festivals. Three days of music, local art, and general hippie fun. Headlined by hometown heroes My Morning Jacket and jam band favorites Widespread Panic, Forecastle is Louisville's very own answer to Bonnaroo. July 17-19, Louisville.
- Shriners Bluegrass Festival. Love old-timey bluegrass? Want to camp out in Carter County? This one's for you. July 16-18, Olive Hill
- National Corvette Homecoming. The Corvette is Kentucky's car. This weekend, a whole bunch of Corvette owners are driving to Bowling Green, where it all begins. Vendors, parades, car shows and more. July 16-18, Bowling Green.
- BreyerFest. You know those Breyer horses that were always at the toy store when you were a kid? They looked neat, and you always knew that SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE collected them. Well, this weekend at the Horse Park, all of those somebodies are in one place. July 17-19, Lexington.
- Augusta Riverfest Regatta: Everything from a 5K and beauty pageant to live music. Oh, and of course, boats. It is a regatta, after all. July 17-18, Augusta.
Of course, you can't just wear anything to a festival; you need a look that incorporates layers, protection from the elements, and a sense of effortless chic. Fedoras and maxi dresses, wellies or sneakers, funky tees and of course sunglasses are in order. We've put together a festival style guide below! (And, if you'll be in Louisville on Thursday, don't miss Kentucky for Kentucky's festival gear pop-up at Hound Dog Press!)
Shop the Look: Summer Festival Style
Are you taking in any fun Kentucky festivals this summer?