When your friends and loved ones are undertaking new beginnings, the best gift is a little piece of home!Read More
Besides bourbon, Kentucky has a great country ham scene, and why not highlight it with this delicious recipe? Not only is it easy and delicious, the meatballs can be made ahead of time then baked when you need them!
country ham balls
adapted from Sterling Bits
makes 24-36 balls (depending on how you roll them)
2 pounds local country ham, diced into 1/4 inch pieces
2 pounds local pork sausage
1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 local eggs, beaten
2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon mustard
1 cup white wine vinegar
- Mix country ham, sausage, bread crumbs, and eggs together until well combined.
- Roll out meat mixture to golf-ball sized meat balls. At this point, the meatballs can be cooked or frozen for future use.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar, mustard, and vinegar in a pot. Boil until rolling and allow to boil for 2 minutes.
- Place meatballs in a 9x13 casserole dish and pour hot sauce over meatballs.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning balls at least once, or until done.
Jennifer is the chef behind a girl eats world; head over for more Kentucky Proud recipes!
Review of My Kentucky Tee subscription service.Read More