Happy National Maple Syrup Day! If there were ever a food item that deserves its own day, it’s this one! It takes 30-40 gallons of maple sap boiled down to create one gallon of that delicious maple syrup and it goes on everything! From pancakes, waffles, muffins, and grits to sweet potato fries and bacon, it is quite a versatile item to have in your arsenal. So in honor of this luscious syrup, I am shaking things up with my festive Maple Bourbon Sparkler.
I just love how the deep maple flavor compliments the vanilla and spice notes of the bourbon and the addition of champagne and a splash of lemon make this cocktail bright and drinkable. It's the perfect libation for all of your holiday parties!
Maple Bourbon Sparkler
· ½ Tablespoon of Pure Maple Syrup
· 2 Ounces of Maker’s Mark Bourbon
· Squeeze of a Lemon Wedge
· 3 Ounces of Brut or Extra Dry Champagne. **
1. Fill your favorite cocktail shaker with your maple syrup, bourbon and the squeeze of lemon. Shake until well combined and chilled.
2. Pour into champagne flute and top with champagne.
3. Enjoy and Repeat.
*I added a maple sugar rim for the photos. It was very sweet. I do not recommend it!
**Please use only Brut or Extra Dry Champagne/Sparkling Wine. It will be much too sweet with an Asti or Spumante.