Happy Thursday, y'all! We've got beautiful, crisp skies here in Louisville and it's a lovely January day!
Since we're all looking for some things to do while staying inside, here's a Kentucky trivia game to keep your kids occupied. Visit the Kentucky Tourism Kids' Page to download Kentucky-themed coloring sheets and word searches. Click here to download a copy of the HerKentucky Trivia Game and Answers.
10 Kentucky Trivia Questions
- "Kentucky" comes from an Iroquois word that means what?
- Kentucky was originally a part of what state?
- What is Kentucky’s official state beverage?
- What Kentucky county hosts an annual ham festival?
- Every Kentucky citizen is required by law to take a shower at least how often?
- In Kentucky, it is illegal to remarry the same person more than how many times?
- True or false: Dwarf, Monkey’s Eyebrow, Rabbit Hash, and Mousie are all real place names in Kentucky.
- What Kentucky city is built inside a meteor crater?
- True or false: A horse named Vagrant won the first Kentucky Derby.
- The first cheeseburger was served in what Kentucky city?
4. Trigg County
5. Once a year
9. False. Aristides won the first Derby; Vagrant won the second.
Here's to staying warm and learning a little bit about the Commonwealth!